Saturday, September 3

Planning a Dream to Reality

EBC Basecamp
Been wanting to do EBC but it was  a one acquaintance in FB  that ignites my long  interest of doing it. I admire those friends of mine who does Nepal, Annapurna, Tibet, EBC, I thought I know I can do that one day but really no concrete time when.

Until one FB acquaintance encouraged me to do the Everest Marathon that happens every 29th of May. That sounds great. And what a great coincidence, one of my close friend and climb buddy Jeffrey Ledsema commented on my post that doing the Everest Basecamp has been his long dream. I really never thought that he'd be interested of doing a long expedition like this for in our past expeditions he never really showed interest. With this, all the more I got excited of pushing organizing the trip.
Everest Basecamp Marathon, high alti race

As I look for possible outfitters that would handle the fourteen day trek before doing the marathon, I come across a Filipina who married a Nepalese who happen to own a guiding company. Wow, this is such a small world and since my inquiry with her, she becomes close to me already as if I know her for a long time now.
View in Nagarkot (1,940MASL)

The trip will happen next year yet but doing the planning for this trip really excites me. This really sounds crazy, I am still bound for a major expedition this coming December yet here I am planning for another big expedition for the following year.

I just hope everything will turn out fine for this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment