Thursday, November 10

On (Trail/Ultra) Running and Those Who Are Good at It

On running, I must say I am not good at it, I don't have a body structure of a runner, I don't have the calves and thighs of a runner. I must say am not a fast runner. I grew up thinking I can never be a runner, it's my younger sister who has the body built of a runner, the reason she qualified to become part of a running team in school. 

It's out of a need that I am introduced to the sports, while on training I need to do a timed qualifying run. I had no choice but to do it. But that did not lead me the love of the sports. It was when I feel I need to loose weight few years after that training that I joined minor races but only on short distances. I started with just the shortest one until a bit longer several years after. I did not even think of doing a full marathon and a ultramarathon. Those are too much for me, I thought. Until I got inspired by my close friends whom I look up to in running. I thought it's about time for me to do a full marathon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment