Saturday, April 14

TNF Free Thinker Gortex Jacket - Another One for a Cold Assault

Just like the TNF Five Point Gore-tex Pants, this is also something that I've been wanting to purchase more than 7 months ago. Even before I left for my big adventure late last year, I've been wishing to have this item. But the price is just too high. I thought of waiting all possible ways that I can get it at a lower cost. It was put on sale for more that 3 months ago, I still thought of holding my desire to purchase it, until my REI dividend has been release and an additional 20% for members has been offered, I finally decided to get it at more than 60% off. Not bad. Now I should stop my purchases and concentrate on training.

Original retail price of USD429.00, on sale on USD229.00 plus tax it will reach USD289.00 less my dividend and sale promos for REI members, I paid a total of USD231.00

The North Face Free Thinker women's jacket, made of rugged Gore-Tex® Pro Shell fabric, gives bold freeriders the opportunity to thrive all day in harsh conditions.

 

  • Gore-Tex Pro Shell 3-layer laminate fabric is tough, extremely breathable and durably waterproof and windproof
  • Fully adjustable, fixed hood protects you in stormy weather, and is roomy enough to fit over your helmet
  • Core vents feature polyurethane-coated zippers to dump excess heat and provide cooling ventilation while resisting the elements
  • Secure dual chest pockets, handwarmers and wrist accessory pocket (with goggles cloth) also feature weather-resistant, polyurethane-coated zippers
  • Internal storage options include a secure media pocket and a goggles stash
  • Powder skirt helps seal out cold air and snow entry; zip-integration lets you connect the powder skirt to compatible pants (not included) for a seamless protective barrier


  • Cuffs feature rip-and-stick? adjustment and Lycra® wrist gaiters for a comfortable fit that retains warmth
  • Buddy lift clip keeps your pass close at hand in the lift line
  • Embedded RECCO?® reflector enhances radio signals from search-and-rescue Recco? detectors for quicker acquisition of position in an avalanche
  • As part of The North Face Summit Series, the Free Thinker jacket features cutting-edge fabrics and the most advanced technology for the ambitious, technical skier or rider

Item Review:
I ordered one size bigger (S) from my usual TNF size (XS) so that it will have space for layering in a very cold trekking.

I really haven't used it yet on a winter climb nor on a climb with snow. Since it arrived to me last May, I used it once on a cold trek on the tropics. It fits me well, it's warm and the hood is big enough to cover my head which is a bit extended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment