Thursday, October 20

Off To Kota Kinabalu

Oct 17, I arrived Manila from Singapore 5:20am, my legs still sore from the ultramarathon that I joined, I had to rush to the office to finish some work that I need to submit before my long trip to Kinabalu, Malaysia. Went home at around 12noon, prepare my things and leave. I again used my budget transpo, tricycle and bus. What a good way to save a little on my never ending travel. Upon arrival at terminal 3 airport, some of my companion from Philippine Skyrunning are already at the airport forming a line at the tax counter for our tax exempt certificate.


Of the many years that I travel out of the country, this is my very first time that I traveled tax exempted, thank you for being part of the Philippine contingent to represent the country for an international race in Mt. Kinabalu this year. Now I feel like a real athlete. Thanks to PSA for making me part of the team. We are 16 athletes and support team on this trip. Going to meet up with others in Malaysia.

After checking in, we proceed to the terminal fee counter, to my surprise we are also exempted from paying the terminal fee. Wow. This is just really great. After several minutes of some arrangements from the office that gives the terminal  fee exemption, we finally go through the immigration, thanks to the list that includes my name, had smooth interview by the officer, final clearance, waited few minutes at the pre-boarding area, and finally leave for Kinabalu.

We arrive Kinabalu already dark, met by Glenn, the team leader on this trip, and Rom and Josaw, who arrive earlier thru Air Asia flight. I am back at Kinabalu again, I was here June of last year.  It's still early, we checked in at Lavender Lodge, freshen up and go to the nearest mall for our currency change and eat dinner and had a tour of the mall. After several minutes the group decided to settle on our individual rooms. I ended my very long city of Kinabalu.

No comments:

Post a Comment