Wednesday, October 5

Bye my Rucky Chucky Trail Running Shoes

If it's a trail running event, it has to be my Rucky Chucky shoes. These shoes  are  very comfortable for my kind of feet, it has a wide sole which  gives my feet room to breathe. They aren't waterproof but when they do get wet they dry quite quickly. I have them for more than 3 years now these  has been my partner on all my trail running races. 

I wear them in the muddy trail of Batulao, in the winding trail of Sta Rosa, in the mountain slopes of Sto Tomas and Cabuyao, on the slopes of Napulaoan, on the hills of Malaybalay, on the rough road of Sandugan, Cangmalalag and Cabulihan, on the pebbled trail of Mc Ritchie, on the long trail of Camarines Sur, to the peak of Pulag, Apo, Pico and Maculot. And I am happy with it's performance. Partnered with my yellow TNF socks, it gives a nice fit to my feet. 

But with the wear and tear that I did on my partner on the trail, just recently on my trail run in Mt. Pulag, the gray and yellow decorative x fall apart, I put some glue, now no one can figure out that it has been repaired, it's back to it's original form. Until last weekend after my skyrun in Mt. Apo, having done 12 river crossing without counting the minor streams along the trail and the many swamps and mud that we pass by, the traction just starting to fall apart. I noticed this on our rest stop on the summit, it's on both shoe, not so big but I know it will grow bigger as I will continue using it.

With this I know my partner on the trail has served it's purpose already. It's now about time to retire it and have a new partner on the trail. I just just this will give the same comfort and performance that my dear rucky chucky did to me the almost 4 years.

Now that I got to retire my Rucky Chucky on long distance trail running events especially with river crossing, I get ready my TNF Betasso Pale Blue/ Alloy Gray trail running shoes. I just hope this will give an almost the same comfort and performance to the kind of feet that I have on my upcoming trail running events.

Oct 8, I used my new TNF Betasso Trail Running Shoes in Mt. Ugo. It was a good break in, a rainy day on a mud and slippery terrain. It fits me well, surprisingly I did not get some blisters despite my being wet from the rain that never stop the entire run. I will be using this again on my TNF SG 50K trail run and then to the slopes of Kinabalu. Looking forward to future adventure with my betasso trail running shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment